Supporting Staff Through the Impact of Suicide
Workplaces with a commitment to supporting employee wellbeing must also be prepared to respond to situations resulting from extreme mental distress, like suicide ideation and sometimes death by suicide.
This training is geared towards organizational leaders, Human Resources staff and caring colleagues interested in gaining knowledge to respond to the impact of suicide in the workplace.
Participants will learn:
- How to combat stigma by distinguishing fact from myth about suicide
- Potential warning signs of suicide ideation and steps to respond if a colleague demonstrates suicide ideation
- Strategies to support staff if a colleague dies by suicide
In the course you will also receive the below additional resources:
- External links and resources to learn additional factual information about suicide
- A Critical Incident Communication Planning Guide
- External Support Resources for Suicide
- An Employee Mental Health Toolkit
DISCLAIMER: Content in this training is for informational purposes only. Participants should consult their HR and Legal teams in their organization before applying any of the content.
Note: After your purchase you will be prompted to set up a password to access the training